One thing is sure. Being on social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram is not just a trend nowadays. It has become a necessity. For everyone. Everywhere. Without exception.
Whether you are a university student, a celebrity, a business, a professional journalist, or anything else, you can’t live without social media nowadays. There are so many positive and useful uses to social media that it would be such a pity not to take advantage of them.
Here are a few of the main advantages of social media (be it Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc):
- Social media help you to stay in touch with people, and thus, keep in touch with the “trends”. Social media allow you to make it possible to stay in touch with what is in these days and what is not.
- Share media easily. Social media give you the possibility to share pictures, Buy Twitter Followers, videos, files with whoever you want, very easily, in a fun way. Just imagine if you had to share pictures with people only by email. Would it not be extremely boring? If you run a business, just imagine if you have to spend crazy amounts of money on advertising, by making pamphlets/catalogs and distribute them, etc.
- Reach out to people and get famous. If you are a professional journalist, a make-up artist, a celebrity, etc., social media give you a chance to reach out to people, increase your level of fame and get more and more popular because real life does not give you the same opportunities as social media. Just look at the number of popular make-up artists who have their own Youtube channel, Facebook page or Instagram profile nowadays. Would they be this popular if they had to rely only on word of mouth or real advertising?
- Make money. You can make money on social media, yes. For instance, if you run a business, being on social media is a must. You can create a public profile for your brand/product, reach out to more and more people, share content including URL links to your website/product, incite people to buy whatever you sell. In the end, all of these efforts result in profit. There are also other ways to earn money on social media, and it is definitely worth trying it.
- Social media allow you to gain popularity without having to hire any advertising staff. On social media, things can quickly become a trend. Sometimes, it is your followers who become your brand ambassadors, your advertisers, your defenders.
In conclusion, not using social media tools can be compared to when you have a cell phone (does not matter which one) and you insist that you will not save any number in it. Whenever you need to call someone, you will look at your personal diary only and compose the number entirely. You will not use your personal diary as a help in case you lose your data, but you will pretend your personal diary is still the one and only way to save people’s numbers. Wouldn’t it be sad? Business have so much to gain from social media. And they know it.
Arthur is a blogging enthusiast who owns The Green Life. He loves to write about different topics and cover special areas such as social media. Here is the importance of social media. Do watch and share!